Many of our users add rental application fees to cover the administrative cost associated with reviewing applications. Others add application fees as a revenue generator for their firm.
PreApproved Renter charges a base price for credit, criminal, and eviction reports. Landlords, property manager and real estate agents that use our platform can charge the client an application fee on top of our base price and we’ll direct deposit this into their account on the first of every month.
How to add a rental application fee to your rental application:
- Login here
- Click the “Payments” tab on the left menu bar of the page
- Click “Sign Up to Enable Payments” on the right side of the page. This will walk you through the steps needed to set up an account with our payment provider, Stripe, who will handle collecting the application fees on your behalf.
- After setting up your payments account – click on the “Applications” tab on the left hand menu
- From the account dashboard click the yellow “Edit” icon next to the form you want to add an application fee to
- At the top of the page click on “Form Settings”
- Upon clicking on the Settings tab you we will see the “Reports & Fee” tab
- From here you can choose which background checks you want to run credit, criminal, eviction. Just click the check boxes for the reports you want to run.
- You can also add an application fee on top of the reports you want to run. Just enter the amount.
- To charge a clients card and run the reports immediately after the applicant submits it, choose “Automatic”. To charge the clients card and run the reports after reviewing the application & paperwork, choose “Manual”.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email.